Dear friends and clients of Shawnee Moon,
Just wanted to touch base with everyone in light of all of the COVID-19 news and businesses and events being closed and canceled.
Shawneemoon.com is still open for business and orders are continuing to be processed as normal. We work from home and are maintaining our high sanitation standards, with extra care for sterilizing containers and surfaces. We are taking heed to recommended precautions of extra hand washing and social distancing and hope you are too.
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold the with the right hand of My righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10
We can be responsible without living in constant fear or worry. Even when everything is completely out of our control, we can trust that God is in complete control. He is not surprised by this virus. He knows the plans and thoughts He has toward us, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give us an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11).
Beyond doing all the things the CDC has recommended to maintain health and limit the spread, consider these tips too:
• Double your water intake. Staying hydrated is paramount for wellness.
• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Feel free to sleep in, but try to still get to bed at a decent hour for quality sleep.
• Soak up sunshine on exposed skin whenever possible. Vitamin D does wonders for your immune system!
• Neflix and chill is great, but make sure you’re getting some movement in everyday. Stretch for 15 mins a day. Or for 2 mins every time you get up to get more water or use the bathroom. Walk outside. Leave your phone at home. Just enjoy the beauty of the sky and the creation without trying to capture it. Live it.
• #shamelessplug Take your immune supporting tinctures from Shawnee Moon!
• Along the same lines, I heard it suggested to purchase gift cards from local businesses that you know you will shop at in the future; restaurants, boutiques, coffee shops, music venues, etc. Give these small business owners something now to keep them afloat during the lockdown, if you can.
• Read your Bible. How how much time have you spent reading posts and articles about COVID-19? I know it’s been a lot for me. Have I spent that much time in Bible reading? Hardly. This is something I need to change.
Is this serious? Yes. Is this something we can get through? Absolutly. Is it worth worrying over… yes and no. It is responsible to take precautions, but it is counterproductive to worry. We can not change the circumstances by stressing about things, and we know that stress depletes our immune system, and we all need our immune systems in tip-top shape.
Things I’ve personally had to do to help manage the fear is stop tuning into news stations, and stop scrolling fb. I’m reading books more and if I must mindlessly scroll, I’ve forced myself to only open Pinterest. Which has had me inspired to be crafty which is a great diversion. Also Call or texting family and friends to check in on them needs to be higher on this list. In times of crisis, we need our community, and this is a strange one where we can’t be together as much physically.
Really, truly, take time to pray for those you care for and those you don’t know who are dramatically effected by this pandemic.
Davy and I are so very thankful to everyone who continues to support Shawnee Moon in this time and desire to do everything we can to continue to support and serve you.
I am praying for you and your families during this time of uncertainty.
Blessings in Christ,